It lays some basic facts about the SES-health gradient and gives a detailed description of each of these socioeconomic correlates of health.
- HTML 5 & CSS3 Genius Guide Volume 3.
- Hotel Malabar: a narrative poem!
- The Paradox Relational Database Advisor: Elements of Database Design.
- Site Information Navigation?
- The New Collective Bargaining!
This article further examines education and financial resources and concentrates on conceptual approaches that view the individual in isolation. It focuses on the interplay between the individual and society and links between occupation and health.
Research Network on Socioeconomic Status & Health - MacArthur Foundation
It then summarizes the evidence on racial and ethnic differences in health and provides some concluding remarks. Keywords: health gradient , socioeconomic , financial resources , individual , society.
David M. Cutler's work in health economics and public economics has earned him significant academic and public acclaim.
She received her Ph. Her research examines the relationships between socioeconomic status and health and the effect of disease on economic development. Tom Vogl is a Ph. Access to the complete content on Oxford Handbooks Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
The Effects of Socioeconomic Status on Health in Rural and Urban America
Please subscribe or login to access full text content. If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code. For questions on access or troubleshooting, please check our FAQs , and if you can''t find the answer there, please contact us.
All Rights Reserved.
Whether people are healthy or not, is determined by their circumstances and environment. To a large extent, factors such as where we live, the state of our environment, genetics, our income and education level, and our relationships with friends and family all have considerable impacts on health, whereas the more commonly considered factors such as access and use of health care services often have less of an impact. Individuals are unlikely to be able to directly control many of the determinants of health.
- The Neem Tree.
- Poverty | Healthy People !
- Lexico-Phonological Comparative Analysis of Selected Dialects of the Meru-Tharaka Group;
- The determinants of health!
- The wellbeing effect of education - Economic and Social Research Council!
- Spectacular Sex Moves Shell Never Forget: Ingenious Positions and Techniques That Will Blow Her Mind.
- Education, Social Factors, and Health Beliefs in Health and Health Care Services.
These determinants—or things that make people healthy or not—include the above factors, and many others:. Health Topics. World Health Statistics.
About Us. Skip to main content. The determinants of health Introduction Many factors combine together to affect the health of individuals and communities.